Yes, CMC Markets Stockbroking offers options trading on our fully integrated platform, which will give you the flexibility and ability to protect, grow and diversify your portfolio.
If you do not already have Options linked to your CMC Markets Stockbroking account, please complete and return a signed original application form.
To learn more about what is an option and how to trade it, visit our introductory article.
There are four options trading levels and you will be able to complete an in-platform quiz to qualify for each level. Each level increases your risk exposure and additional trading functionality. On the CMC Markets Stockbroking platforms you can, depending on your trading level:
- Sell uncovered calls and puts
- Execute multi-legged options
- Build and execute complex strategies
- Understand your book with the Theoretical Price estimate and display of Options Greeks
- Use interactive pay-off diagrams to understand your risk and exposures in real time.
- Report on your whole portfolio with simple and efficient combined watch lists, Profit and Loss statements and orders history.
Yes, CMC Markets reserves the right to downgrade your access levels if a trading breach has been identified on your account or if we feel you do not fully understand the risks of various strategies. Once your account is downgraded, you will be unable to increase your access levels.
If you believe an error has occurred in this instance, please contact us for further information
You can view your Options trading level through either the standard or Pro platform.
- standard platform: Click through to increase your trading level by selecting cogwheel > ‘Trading Settings’.
- Pro platform: Click through to increase your trading level by selecting Account > ‘Options Trading Levels’
When clicking through to the ‘Your Options Information’ page from either standard or Pro platform, you will see displayed the current level you have achieved.
You can change your Options trading level through either the standard or Pro platform.