Trading strategies every trader should know
Published on: 09/12/2021 | Modified on: 23/01/2023
When trading on financial markets, whether it be forex, a stock market index, or a share, you will encounter several popular trading strategies. You may also find that your success using one strategy will not mirror someone else’s success.
Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide which is the best trading strategy for you. Some important factors to consider include your personality type, lifestyle and available resources. In this article, we run through some of the most common trading strategies that could inspire you to build your own trading plan, test new trading techniques or even improve upon your existing trading strategy. Learn how to start trading on our Next Generation trading platform.
- There is a wide variety of short, medium and long-term strategies
- Some of the most popular include day trading, swing trading, scalping, position trading and trend trading
- All strategies encompass some form of technical and fundamental analysis, whether this be through monitoring price action or evaluating company reports
- Costs vary depending on which technique you use, increasing your profit or loss
- Which works best for you depends on your personality type, available capital, preferred asset class and risk tolerance