10 best-yielding UK dividend stocks in 2022
Published on: 02/11/2021 | Modified on: 20/09/2022
Stocks that pay dividends can provide a great opportunity to increase the income diversification of your portfolio, as select companies will give out a regular percentage of their earnings to loyal shareholders. This article explains how they work, the advantages and disadvantages they offer, and we provide a list of the top FTSE dividend stocks by yield (excluding special dividends), as well as some US options. This information is up to date as of July 2022.
Please note that past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- Dividends are a form of reward to shareholders for investing in the company
- They are most often paid on a quarterly basis, although some companies choose to issue monthly payouts
- Many of the top payouts come from the UK’s biggest companies within the energy, financial and consumer goods sectors
- With derivative trading, you won’t receive payouts as you don’t own the stock
- If you open buy or sell positions at an opportune moment, you may be entitled to an equivalent dividend adjustment