The 10 biggest economies in the world
Published on: 07/07/2022 | Modified on: 23/01/2023
In this article, we will unravel the world’s top economies in terms of GDP and PPP value, as well as the world’s richest countries measured by GDP per capita. Some of these may surprise you, so continue reading to discover which are at the top of the list.
With us, you can trade on the price movements of thousands of global assets that correspond to each country’s economy. View our account types to see whether a spread betting or CFD trading account would suit you better.
- The top 10 economies in the world contribute to around 66% of the world’s overall GDP.
- Economists have divided the economy into three sectors of activity: extraction of raw materials, manufactured goods, and services, according to the three-sector model, providing each country with a different avenue of profit.
- The most common method of measuring a country’s economy is through macroeconomic indicators such as nominal GDP and purchasing power parity (PPP).
- Global trading has been a popular activity for centuries, allowing interaction between some of the most wealthy and powerful nations in the world.
- Assets available to trade on the market today include shares, currency pairs, raw materials, global indices, bonds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs).