Gold trading: how to trade gold
Published on: 22/12/2021 | Modified on: 08/08/2022
Gold is one of the most widely traded commodities around the world and certainly the most popular of the precious metals, for both its financial and cultural value. It comes in several forms, including bullion and coins within the commodities market, stocks and ETFs in the share market, and even as a currency. Continue reading to discover what moves gold prices, who are the biggest producers in the world, and how to get involved with the yellow metal through our derivative products such as spread bets and CFDs.
- Gold comes in the form of bullion, currency, spot and futures prices
- It’s often referred to as a “safe haven” due to its resilience against market downturns
- China, Russia, and the US are the world’s biggest producers
- Prices are affected by interest rates, inflation, the US dollar, and supply and demand
- You can trade derivatives on spot and underlying futures prices