Trade the way that suits you

share trading account icon

Invest in Shares

Invest in over 35,000 domestic and international shares and ETFs from 15 global markets. Plus a wide range of domestic products including Options, mFunds, warrants and more.

CFD account icon

Trade CFDs

Trade contracts for difference (CFDs) on over 12,000+ products including FX Pairs, Indices, Commodities, Shares, Cryptocurrencies, and Treasuries.


Where can I download your application forms?

You can find all the below application forms and further information on account add-ons here.

  • Account application forms
  • Warrants and Options
  • ASX BookBuild
  • One off Sales and Partly paid securities
  • Administration forms
  • CHESS Stock transfer forms
  • External Data Feed agreements
  • US Tax forms
Once I complete my application, when can I start trading?

When we’ve confirmed your ID or you are electronically identified, we’ll process your application and open your share trading account. This process is usually completed with 1-2 days. You can then begin trading over the phone or online once you have funded or transferred shares into your account.
Please note: funding is done overnight and share transfers take longer to process.

Apply for an account online today.
Please note: we can only accept applications from clients permanently residing in Australia.

What types of identification will be accepted?

Each applicant must provide a certified (true) copy of EITHER one of the following from Part I, or if the individual does not have a document from Part IA, then 1 document from Part II B and 1 document from Part IIIC.

Part IA:

  • Current Australian Driver’s Licence (front and back) – Must be current
  • Australian passport – current or expired within the past TWO years
  • Overseas passport – MUST be current and show the signature page

Part IIB:

  • Current Medicare card
  • Proof of Age Card (front and back) – Must be current
  • Birth certificate or birth extract issued by a State or Territory
  • Citizenship certificate issued by the Commonwealth
  • Pension or Benefit Card issued by the Commonwealth (front and back) – Must be current
  • Australian Birth Certificate/Extract
  • Current Government Benefits/Pension Card (front and back) – Must be current
  • Australian Citizenship Certificate
  • Current Proof of Age Card (front and back) – Must be current
  • Australian Passport (current <2 years expired)
  • Current Foreign Passport including the signature page

Part IIIC:

  • A recent utility bill, financial statement or council rate notice – issued within the last three months – showing your name and residential address. This can include one of the following:
  • A financial statement (saving, credit, mortgage) issued by one of the Approved Deposit-taking Institutions (ADIs) in Australia or otherwise for accounts opened in a foreign jurisdiction, a registered bank in the foreign jurisdiction. To obtain the full list of all ADIs in Australia, go to http://www.apra.gov.au/adi/ADIList.cfm
  • (Electronic Statements issued by any institutions including ADIs may be accepted at CMC’s discretion)
  • Gas, electricity, water, home phone, internet (dial-up, broadband), mobile phone bill, Foxtel bill
  • A council rates notice
  • A notice or assessment issued by the RTA or a government body
  • A lease agreement, contract for sale of a property or rental bond lodgement document
  • Home and/or contents insurance policy statement
  • A current Rating Authority (bill sighted) within preceding 3 months
  • A document issued by the Australian Government/ Taxation Office within the preceding 12 months that records a debt payable by the individual to the Commonwealth (or by the Commonwealth to the individual), which contains the individual’s name and residential address. Block out the TFN before scanning, copying or storing this document
  • A document issued by a Public utilities provider within the preceding 3 months which records the provision of services
Who can certify my identification documents?
  • A certified copy is a copy of an original document that has been endorsed as a true copy of the original by an approved individual within the last three months. Examples of approved individuals who can certify documents include:
    • A person who is enrolled on the roll of the Supreme Court of a State or Territory, or the High Court of Australia, as a legal practitioner (however described)
    • A judge of a court
    • A magistrate
    • A chief executive officer of a Commonwealth court
    • A registrar or deputy registrar of a court
    • A Justice of the Peace
    • A notary public (for the purposes of the Statutory Declaration Regulations 1993)
    • A person authorised as a notary public in a foreign country
    • A police officer
    • An agent of the Australian Postal Corporation who is in charge of an office supplying postal services to the public
    • A permanent employee of the Australian Postal Corporation with two or more years of continuous service who is employed in an office supplying postal services to the public
    • An Australian consular officer or an Australian diplomatic officer (within the meaning of the Consular Fees Act 1955)
    • An officer with two or more continuous years of service with one or more financial institutions (for the purposes of the Statutory Declaration Regulations 1993)
    • A finance company officer with two or more continuous years of service with one or more finance companies (for the purposes of the Statutory Declaration Regulations 1993)
    • An officer with, or authorised representative of, a holder of an Australian financial services licence, having two or more continuous years of service with one or more licensees
    • A member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, CPA Australia or the Institute of Public Accountants with two or more years of continuous membership

For a full list of acceptable certifiers refer to: https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2007L01000 (Section 1.2.1)

Support x

Welcome to CMC Markets Support!

To begin, please select the product your query is related to.