I have been asked to provide certified documentation. What does this mean?
Depending on your circumstances and the region you are a resident of, we may request that the documentation you submit to us is certified. A certified copy is a copy of an original document that has been endorsed as a true copy of the original by an approved individual. Examples of approved * individuals who can certify documents include:
- A person who is enrolled on the roll of the Supreme Court of a State or Territory, or the High Court of Australia, as a legal practitioner (however described)
- A judge of a court
- A magistrate
- A chief executive officer of a Commonwealth court
- A registrar or deputy registrar of a court
- A Justice of the Peace
- A notary public (for the purposes of the Statutory Declaration Regulations 1993)
- A person authorised as a notary public in a foreign country
- A police officer
- An agent of the Australian Postal Corporation who is in charge of an office supplying postal services to the public
- A permanent employee of the Australian Postal Corporation with two or more years of continuous service who is employed in an office supplying postal services to the public
- An Australian consular officer or an Australian diplomatic officer (within the meaning of the Consular Fees Act 1955)
- An officer with two or more continuous years of service with one or more financial institutions (for the purposes of the Statutory Declaration Regulations 1993)
- A finance company officer with two or more continuous years of service with one or more finance companies (for the purposes of the Statutory Declaration Regulations 1993)
- An officer with, or authorised representative of, a holder of an Australian financial services licence, having two or more continuous years of service with one or more licensees
- A member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, CPA Australia or the Institute of Public Accountants with two or more years of continuous membership
Can I have more than one account?
Each client can have one CFD account. Multiple CFD accounts may be available at our discretion.
How can I switch accounts?
On the iPhone app, tap the ‘More’ button, then ‘Switch Accounts’. On the Android app, select ‘Switch Accounts’ on the left side menu.
How long does it take to process an application for a live account?
Our aim is to help you start trading as quickly as possible. If you have already provided your supporting documents, for most customers this will happen within minutes. However, there will be cases where additional documentation is needed before we can process your account application.
Do I need to deposit any funds to activate my account?
You can sign in to your account as soon as your application has been successful and you have clicked on the verification link sent to your registered email address. However, you won’t be able to place a trade unless there are sufficient funds in your account to open a position. If you prefer to test strategies in a risk-free environment, our free demo account will allow you to practise trading with virtual funds.