G'day folks and welcome to another trading day with your friendly, neighbourhood CMC Market Analyst!
For real-time up-to-date data/news/research/ideas/strategies, check out our insights panel on the CMC Markets NextGen platform and follow us on Twitter:
Azeem Sheriff - @Azeem__Sheriff
CMC Markets - @CMCMarketsAUSNZ
Trading Idea of the Day
NYSE:DAL - Delta Air Lines - BULLISH BIAS
- Americans travelling overseas will notice that the strength of their USD is much higher relative to the country they’re visiting and can get more purchasing power.
- Delta Airlines could see an influx in US-based travellers heading overseas in pursuit of a holiday where the cost of living is comparatively cheaper thanks to a stronger USD.
- Given international passenger revenue has recovered 81% of its pre-COVID numbers, we can expect the rising USD to further strengthen, resulting in a potential higher bottom line for the company.
ASX & Economic Key Events
OPTO For Investors Research
Article of the Day: Walmart shares upbeat on metaverse venture with Roblox
Podcast of the Day: Market strategist Kiril Sokoloff’s thematic investment radar
APAC Daily Report
Market Snapshot & Highlights as of 7am AEST
Global Markets Headlines
- Ken Griffin says Fed has not done enough, must continue on its path to reset inflation expectations (CNBC)
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market after historic sell-off (CNBC)
- Europe vows ‘robust and united’ response to suspected sabotage of two Russian gas pipelines (CNBC)
- Billionaire investor Ray Dalio says UK’s economic plan ‘suggests incompetence’ (CNBC)
- Biden approves $1.1B more in military aid to Ukraine; Russia denies Nord Stream sabotage allegations (CNBC)
- Record number of UK mortgage deals pulled in one day as market mayhem takes hold (CNBC)
- VW Prices Porsche IPO at Top of Range (WSJ)
- Russia’s Mobilization, Plunging Oil Prices Weaken Putin’s Hand (WSJ)
(All news & data sourced from AFR / The Australian / Bloomberg / Reuters / CNBC / Wall Street Journal / Morningstar / OPTO / Trading Economics)