G'day folks and welcome to another trading day with your friendly, neighbourhood CMC Market Analyst!
For real-time up-to-date data/news/research/ideas/strategies, check out our insights panel on the CMC Markets Invest platform and follow us on Twitter:
Azeem Sheriff -
Tina Teng -
CMC Markets ANZ -
CMC Markets Singapore -
CMC Markets Canada -
Trading Idea of the Day
ASX:AGL - AGL Energy Ltd - BULLISH BIAS
- Key levels on the chart - consider taking trades from key support/resistance zones.
- The company and MCB want to accelerate Company’s transition towards renewables in order to remain competitive and sustainable for shareholders and continuity of company.
- Has nominated 4 individuals, Tesla Energy director Mark Twiddell, Energy Security Board chairwoman Kerry Schott, Metcash director Christine Holman and Professor John Pollaers.
- This is a sign of optimism from the Company and aligning their values to the our changing environment to ensure we can support the net zero project for our future.
ASX & Economic Key Events
ASX Key Events Calendar (TODAY)
Economic Key Events (TODAY)
Economic Key Events (YESTERDAY)
OPTO For Investors Research
Article of the Day: Cameco, Paladin and Yellow Cake see rising demand for uranium
Podcast of the Day: Investment educator Brian Feroldi’s three principles for long-term investing
APAC Daily Report
Market Snapshot & Highlights as of 8:00am AEDT
EXPECTATIONS: Energy LOWER (lower oil prices) & Materials LOWER on overall lower precious metal prices.
Global Markets Headlines
- Fed’s Waller says he’s open to a half-point rate hike at December meeting (CNBC)
Gemini, BlockFi, Genesis announcing new restrictions as FTX contagion spreads (CNBC)
- Binance CEO says crypto ‘will be fine’ and announces industry recovery fund (CNBC)
- iPhone 14 Pro ship times slip past Christmas weeks after Apple warned of production issues (CNBC)
- UK inflation hits 41-year high of 11.1% as food and energy prices continue to soar (CNBC)
(All news & data sourced from AFR / The Australian / Bloomberg / Reuters / CNBC / Wall Street Journal / Morningstar / OPTO / Trading Economics)
Disclaimer: CMC Markets is an order execution-only service. The material (whether or not it states any opinions) is for general information purposes only, and does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment or other advice on which reliance should be placed. No opinion given in the material constitutes a recommendation by CMC Markets or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although we are not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, we do not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination.