G'day folks and welcome to another trading day with your friendly, neighbourhood CMC Market Analyst!
For real-time up-to-date data/news/research/ideas/strategies, check out our insights panel on the CMC Markets Invest platform and follow us on Twitter:
Azeem Sheriff -
Tina Teng -
CMC Markets ANZ -
CMC Markets Singapore -
CMC Markets Canada -
Trading Idea of the Day
NASDAQ:MSFT - Microsoft Corporation (BULLISH - long term & BEARISH - short term)
- Key levels on the chart - consider taking trades from key support/resistance zones.
- Microsoft Corp recently considered building a "super app" that could include shopping, messaging, news and web search services among others, The Information reported on Tuesday, citing people familiar with the matter.
- The Windows-maker mulled building the app to loosen the hold of Alphabet Inc's Google and Apple Inc on the mobile search space, according to the report.
- A super app, made popular in Asia by Tencent Holdings' WeChat and South east Asia's Grab Holdings has been described as the Swiss army knife of mobile apps, offering a suite of services for users such as messaging, social networking, peer-to-peer payments and e-commerce shopping.
ASX & Economic Key Events
OPTO For Investors Research
Article of the Day: Will Ford’s EV sales impact Tesla’s share price?
Podcast of the Day: Champel Capital’s Amir Weitmann on investing in deep tech
APAC Daily Report
Market Snapshot & Highlights as of 8:00am AEDT
Global Markets Headlines
- Morgan Stanley cut about 2% of global staff Tuesday, sources say (CNBC)
- Jamie Dimon says inflation eroding consumer wealth may cause recession (CNBC)
- TSMC to up Arizona investment to $40 billion with second semiconductor chip plant (CNBC)
- Airlines will return to profitability in 2023 after three-year slump, industry body says (CNBC)
- China’s Covid lockdowns are having a lessening impact on its economy (CNBC)
- Renewables to overtake coal and become biggest source of electricity generation by 2025: IEA (CNBC)
Sam Bankman-Fried could face years in prison over FTX’s $32 billion meltdown (CNBC)
(All news & data sourced from AFR / The Australian / Bloomberg / Reuters / CNBC / Wall Street Journal / Morningstar / OPTO / Trading Economics)
Disclaimer: CMC Markets is an order execution-only service. The material (whether or not it states any opinions) is for general information purposes only, and does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment or other advice on which reliance should be placed. No opinion given in the material constitutes a recommendation by CMC Markets or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although we are not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, we do not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination.