G'day folks and welcome to another trading day with your friendly, neighbourhood CMC Market Analyst!
For real-time up-to-date data/news/research/ideas/strategies, check out our insights panel on the CMC Markets Invest platform and follow us on Twitter:
Azeem Sheriff -
Tina Teng -
CMC Markets ANZ -
CMC Markets Singapore -
CMC Markets Canada -
Trading Idea of the Day
ASX:HVN - Harvey Norman Holdings Ltd (BULLISH - long term & BEARISH - short term)
- Key levels on the chart - consider taking trades from key support/resistance zones.
- Harvey Norman's aggregated quarterly sales were negatively affected by depreciation in the euro, pound and NZ$
- The group flagged a major expansion into the Malaysian market, with plans to grow there from 28 to 80 stores by 2028.
Consensus is Moderate Buy.
Based on Morningstar’s fair value of $4.89 the stock appears to be undervalued.
ASX & Economic Key Events
OPTO For Investors Research
Article of the Day: Global X Social Media Index ETF underperforms as ad spend falls
Podcast of the Day: Investment educator Brian Feroldi’s three principles for long-term investing
APAC Daily Report
Market Snapshot & Highlights as of 8:00am AEDT
Global Markets Headlines
- Bitcoin could plunge 70% to $5,000, Standard Chartered predicts, in possible 2023 ‘surprise’ (CNBC)
- iPhone maker Foxconn’s revenue slumps after Covid outbreak, unrest at China plant (CNBC)
- Chinese stocks rally on reopening hopes; Morgan Stanley upgrades to overweight (CNBC)
- Oil prices rose as much as 2% on hopes of China’s reopening and as OPEC+ maintains output targets (CNBC)
(All news & data sourced from AFR / The Australian / Bloomberg / Reuters / CNBC / Wall Street Journal / Morningstar / OPTO / Trading Economics)
Disclaimer: CMC Markets Singapore may provide or make available research analysis or reports prepared or issued by entities within the CMC Markets group of companies, located and regulated under the laws in a foreign jurisdictions, in accordance with regulation 32C of the Financial Advisers Regulations. Where such information is issued or promulgated to a person who is not an accredited investor, expert investor or institutional investor, CMC Markets Singapore accepts legal responsibility for the contents of the analysis or report, to the extent required by law. Recipients of such information who are resident in Singapore may contact CMC Markets Singapore on 1800 559 6000 for any matters arising from or in connection with the information.