G'day folks and welcome to another trading day with your friendly, neighbourhood CMC Market Analyst!
For real-time up-to-date data/news/research/ideas/strategies, check out our insights panel on the CMC Markets NextGen platform and follow us on Twitter:
Azeem Sheriff -
CMC Markets -
Trading Idea of the Day
NYSE:META - Meta Platforms Inc - BULLISH BIAS
- Key levels on the chart - consider taking trades from key support/resistance zones.
US big tech have been smashed this year making 52 week lows.
Meta still has 4 mostly used social media applications and their advertising revenue is still very strong despite the stock price. There's been negative sentiment with its virtual reality Metaworld kick off but this is a long term plan from Mr Zuckerberg.
US big techs are significantly undervalued and present a decent opportunity for those investors looking to buy into these companies over the long term.
Talks of a global recession are dampening future cash flows in the valuation process for these big techs which is reducing the share price.
ASX & Economic Key Events
OPTO For Investors Research
Article of the Day: BlackRock, JPMorgan and Morgan Stanley earnings forecasted to dip
Podcast of the Day: Tidal Financial CIO Michael Venuto on the ETF industry
APAC Daily Report
Market Snapshot & Highlights as of 8am AEST
Global Markets Headlines
- Biden threatens ‘consequences’ for Saudi Arabia after OPEC cut, but his options are limited (CNBC)
- British pound choppy as Bank of England reiterates Friday bond-buying deadline (CNBC)
- U.S. wholesale prices rose 0.4% in September, more than expected as inflation persists (CNBC)
- America’s ‘once unthinkable’ chip export restrictions will hobble China’s semiconductor ambitions (CNBC)
- Further 20% fall in U.S. stocks ‘certainly possible,’ says IMF director (CNBC)
- BOE buys record 2.38 billion pounds of gilts at reverse auction (CNBC)
(All news & data sourced from AFR / The Australian / Bloomberg / Reuters / CNBC / Wall Street Journal / Morningstar / OPTO / Trading Economics)
Disclaimer: CMC Markets Singapore may provide or make available research analysis or reports prepared or issued by entities within the CMC Markets group of companies, located and regulated under the laws in a foreign jurisdictions, in accordance with regulation 32C of the Financial Advisers Regulations. Where such information is issued or promulgated to a person who is not an accredited investor, expert investor or institutional investor, CMC Markets Singapore accepts legal responsibility for the contents of the analysis or report, to the extent required by law. Recipients of such information who are resident in Singapore may contact CMC Markets Singapore on 1800 559 6000 for any matters arising from or in connection with the information.