Trading from home
In the past, traders would be required to work full-time on the trading floor of a stock exchange or broker’s office. However, with advanced technology and online trading platforms, it is easier than ever to work from home and trade the financial markets. For many, it is considered a part-time or short-term hobby; for others, it is a full-time occupation from the comfort of their own study. This article provides information on how to trade from home, tips for an effective setup and how to manage your risk when you start trading.
- Our flexible online platforms allow you to trade on a variety of markets and instruments across the globe
- Traders can choose between spread betting and CFD trading, which are both types of derivatives
- Spread betting is tax-free and only available in the UK*, whereas CFD trading is available globally but comes with extra costs
- Some traders do it as a hobby, whereas for others, it's a full-time job
- You can use either a desktop, tablet or mobile device