G'day folks and welcome to another trading day with your friendly, neighbourhood CMC Market Analyst!
For real-time up-to-date data/news/research/ideas/strategies, check out our insights panel on the CMC Markets Invest platform and follow us on Twitter:
Azeem Sheriff - @Azeem__Sheriff
Tina Teng - @Tinateng_CMC
CMC Markets ANZ - @CMCMarketsAUSNZ
CMC Markets Singapore - @CMCMarketsSG
CMC Markets Canada - @CMCMarkets_CA
Trading Idea of the Day
ASX:HVN - Harvey Norman Holdings Ltd (BULLISH - long term & BEARISH - short term)
- Key levels on the chart - consider taking trades from key support/resistance zones.
- Harvey Norman's aggregated quarterly sales were negatively affected by depreciation in the euro, pound and NZ$
- The group flagged a major expansion into the Malaysian market, with plans to grow there from 28 to 80 stores by 2028.
Consensus is Moderate Buy.
Based on Morningstar’s fair value of $4.89 the stock appears to be undervalued.
ASX & Economic Key Events
OPTO For Investors Research
Article of the Day: Global X Social Media Index ETF underperforms as ad spend falls
Podcast of the Day: Investment educator Brian Feroldi’s three principles for long-term investing
APAC Daily Report
Market Snapshot & Highlights as of 8:00am AEDT
Global Markets Headlines
- Bitcoin could plunge 70% to $5,000, Standard Chartered predicts, in possible 2023 ‘surprise’ (CNBC)
- iPhone maker Foxconn’s revenue slumps after Covid outbreak, unrest at China plant (CNBC)
- Chinese stocks rally on reopening hopes; Morgan Stanley upgrades to overweight (CNBC)
- Oil prices rose as much as 2% on hopes of China’s reopening and as OPEC+ maintains output targets (CNBC)
(All news & data sourced from AFR / The Australian / Bloomberg / Reuters / CNBC / Wall Street Journal / Morningstar / OPTO / Trading Economics)
Disclaimer: CMC Markets is an execution-only service provider. The material (whether or not it states any opinions) is for general information purposes only, and does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment or other advice on which reliance should be placed. No opinion given in the material constitutes a recommendation by CMC Markets or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although we are not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, we do not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination.