G'day folks and welcome to another trading day with your friendly, neighbourhood CMC Market Analyst!
For real-time up-to-date data/news/research/ideas/strategies, check out our insights panel on the CMC Markets NextGen platform and follow us on Twitter:
Azeem Sheriff -
CMC Markets -
Trading Idea of the Day
ASX:WOW - Woolworths Group - BULLISH BIAS
- Key levels on the chart - consider taking trades from key support/resistance levels
- Woolies falls under the Consumer Staples sector which is generally a defensive stock and therefore resistant to economic cycles including any upcoming recessions
- Woolies can maintain their profit margins and pass on their costs to customers which provides protection for their bottom line.
ASX & Economic Key Events
OPTO For Investors Research
Article of the Day: Ray Dalio’s Bridgewater Associates goes short on Euro Stoxx 50 stocks
Podcast of the Day: Investment manager Michael Gayed warns of a sovereign debt crisis
APAC Daily Report
Market Snapshot & Highlights as of 7am AEST
Global Markets Headlines
- Bank of England hikes by 50 basis points, says UK may already be in recession (CNBC)
- FedEx hikes package rates, details cost cutting as demand weakens globally (CNBC)
- Turkey cuts interest rates again as country struggles under 80% inflation (CNBC)
- The U.S. and its allies are joining forces on chips. That could stop China reaching the next level (CNBC)
- Swiss central bank hikes interest rates by 75 basis points, bringing them out of negative territory (CNBC)
- Treasury Yields Surge as Global Central Banks Scramble to Respond to Fed, Inflation (WSJ)
(All news & data sourced from AFR / The Australian / Bloomberg / Reuters / CNBC / Wall Street Journal / Morningstar / OPTO / Trading Economics)
Disclaimer: CMC Markets is an execution-only service provider. The material (whether or not it states any opinions) is for general information purposes only, and does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment or other advice on which reliance should be placed. No opinion given in the material constitutes a recommendation by CMC Markets or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although we are not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, we do not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination.