- Leadership of the Board, with responsibility for its overall effectiveness in directing the Company, and ensuring open and effective communication between the Executive and Non-Executive Directors;
- Ensuring Directors receive accurate, timely and clear information and that Board meetings are effective by setting appropriate and relevant agenda items, creating an atmosphere whereby all Directors are engaged and free to enter healthy and constructive debate;
- Ensuring effective communication between major shareholders and the Board;
- Overseeing each Director's induction and ongoing training; and
- Leadership of the Board effectiveness process through his role as Chair of the Nomination Committee.
The Board continues to recognise that an effective governance framework is fundamental in ensuring the Group's ability to deliver long-term value for our shareholders and stakeholders.
Group structure as at 31 March 2023
Roles and responsibilities
Senior Independent Director