G'day folks and welcome to another trading day with your friendly, neighbourhood CMC Market Analyst!
For real-time up-to-date data/news/research/ideas/strategies, check out our insights panel on the CMC Markets Invest platform and follow us on Twitter:
Azeem Sheriff -
Tina Teng -
CMC Markets ANZ -
CMC Markets Singapore -
CMC Markets Canada -
Trading Idea of the Day
ASX:CXO - Core Lithium Ltd - (BULLISH - long term & BEARISH - short term)
- Key levels on the chart - consider taking trades from key support/resistance zones.
- Goldman Sachs initiates a Sell rating on Core Lithium
- Core Lithium shares are down around -6.0% on Wednesday
- The investment bank expects lithium prices to begin falling in the second half of 2023.
Chinese EV subsidies have pulled forward battery demand by at least 12-24 months, according to Goldman. The team believes the battery maker overcapacity, on the back of accelerated capacity build-out amid a decelerating growth of new energy vehicles sales will eventually weigh on lithium prices," the analysts said.
ASX & Economic Key Events
Economic Key Events (YESTERDAY)
OPTO For Investors Research
Article of the Day: GameStop share price gains despite earnings miss and cash burn
Podcast of the Day: Champel Capital’s Amir Weitmann on investing in deep tech
APAC Daily Report
Market Snapshot & Highlights as of 8:00am AEDT
Global Markets Headlines
- FTX spokesman Kevin O’Leary says he lost his $15 million payday from crypto firm (CNBC)
- FTC sues to block Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard (CNBC)
- Retail traders think stocks will bottom in 2023 — and they plan to load up on Big Tech (CNBC)
- Tech layoffs in Southeast Asia mount as unprofitable startups seek to extend their runways (CNBC)
- Russian oil price cap, EU sanctions cause crude tanker bottleneck (CNBC)
(All news & data sourced from AFR / The Australian / Bloomberg / Reuters / CNBC / Wall Street Journal / Morningstar / OPTO / Trading Economics)
Disclaimer: CMC Markets Singapore may provide or make available research analysis or reports prepared or issued by entities within the CMC Markets group of companies, located and regulated under the laws in a foreign jurisdictions, in accordance with regulation 32C of the Financial Advisers Regulations. Where such information is issued or promulgated to a person who is not an accredited investor, expert investor or institutional investor, CMC Markets Singapore accepts legal responsibility for the contents of the analysis or report, to the extent required by law. Recipients of such information who are resident in Singapore may contact CMC Markets Singapore on 1800 559 6000 for any matters arising from or in connection with the information.