G'day folks and welcome to another trading day with your friendly, neighbourhood CMC Market Analyst!
For real-time up-to-date data/news/research/ideas/strategies, check out our insights panel on the CMC Markets NextGen platform and follow us on Twitter:
Azeem Sheriff -
CMC Markets -
Trading Idea of the Day
NYSE:BAC - Bank of America - BULLISH BIAS
- During periods of interest rate rises, the difference in interest charged on interest-bearing assets like loans and the interest being paid on deposits grows known as Net Interest Margin (NIM).
- As Bank of America has seen relative growth in customer deposits and loans, a growing Net Interest Margin should mean that the company reaps the rewards.
- Although Bank of America’s Net Interest Margin currently sits at 1.69%, we should expect this to climb if the Federal Reserve continues to hike interest rates.
- However risk is, as we enter closer to a recession, we could potentially see a significant reduction in credit demand, which will become a battle between a higher NIM vs lower credit to offset each other.
ASX & Economic Key Events
OPTO For Investors Research
Article of the Day: Walmart shares upbeat on metaverse venture with Roblox
Podcast of the Day: Market strategist Kiril Sokoloff’s thematic investment radar
APAC Daily Report
Market Snapshot & Highlights as of 7am AEST
Global Markets Headlines
- Toyota CEO doubles down on EV strategy amid criticism it’s not moving fast enough (CNBC)
- Apple downgrade sparks tech sell-off, sending Alphabet and Microsoft to one-year lows (CNBC)
- Nike shares fall as overstocked inventory weighs on earnings (CNBC)
- Pension fund panic led to Bank of England’s emergency intervention: Here’s what you need to know (CNBC)
- Google to shut down gaming service Stadia as CEO Pichai continues cost-cutting efforts (CNBC)
- Nintendo carries out 10-for-1 stock split to lure new investors to the Japanese gaming giant (CNBC)
- Porsche shares rise in landmark Frankfurt debut (CNBC)
- Erdogan says Turkey will keep cutting interest rates, mocks British pound (CNBC)
(All news & data sourced from AFR / The Australian / Bloomberg / Reuters / CNBC / Wall Street Journal / Morningstar / OPTO / Trading Economics)
Disclaimer: CMC Markets Singapore may provide or make available research analysis or reports prepared or issued by entities within the CMC Markets group of companies, located and regulated under the laws in a foreign jurisdictions, in accordance with regulation 32C of the Financial Advisers Regulations. Where such information is issued or promulgated to a person who is not an accredited investor, expert investor or institutional investor, CMC Markets Singapore accepts legal responsibility for the contents of the analysis or report, to the extent required by law. Recipients of such information who are resident in Singapore may contact CMC Markets Singapore on 1800 559 6000 for any matters arising from or in connection with the information.