G'day folks and welcome to another trading day with your friendly, neighbourhood CMC Market Analyst!
For real-time up-to-date data/news/research/ideas/strategies, check out our insights panel on the CMC Markets NextGen platform and follow us on Twitter:
Azeem Sheriff -
CMC Markets -
Trading Idea of the Day
NYSE:OXY - Occidental Petroleum Corp - BULLISH BIAS
- Key levels on the chart - consider taking trades from key support/resistance zones.
- Occidental Petroleum is a US oil giant focused predominantly on shareholder returns through dividends, share buybacks and debt repayment.
Sky high oil prices and tight supply make oil an appealing investment, with OPEC+ reducing global oil supply by 2 million barrels per day, creating higher demand with lower supply, sending oil prices higher with the aim to place a restrictive floor around the $80 mark.
A decade of low oil prices of ever-increasing ESG concerns has caused a structural undersupply of fossil fuels. Conflict in Eastern Europe has put further pressure on oil supply across Europe.
- Increased oil and gas pricing globally has made Occidental a cash printing machine in 2022.
ASX & Economic Key Events
OPTO For Investors Research
Article of the Day: IBM shares flat on $20bn plan to support US chipmaking
Podcast of the Day: Tidal Financial CIO Michael Venuto on the ETF industry
APAC Daily Report
Market Snapshot & Highlights as of 7am AEST
Global Markets Headlines
- U.S. unemployment rate falls to 3.5% in September, payrolls rise by 263,000 as job market stays strong (CNBC)
- What AMD’s warning means for the other chip stocks, according to Bank of America (CNBC)
- Tesla stock had its worst week since March 2020 during a ‘very intense 7 days’ for Elon Musk (CNBC)
- European markets close lower after key U.S. jobs report; Credit Suisse jump 5% (CNBC)
(All news & data sourced from AFR / The Australian / Bloomberg / Reuters / CNBC / Wall Street Journal / Morningstar / OPTO / Trading Economics)
Disclaimer: CMC Markets Singapore may provide or make available research analysis or reports prepared or issued by entities within the CMC Markets group of companies, located and regulated under the laws in a foreign jurisdictions, in accordance with regulation 32C of the Financial Advisers Regulations. Where such information is issued or promulgated to a person who is not an accredited investor, expert investor or institutional investor, CMC Markets Singapore accepts legal responsibility for the contents of the analysis or report, to the extent required by law. Recipients of such information who are resident in Singapore may contact CMC Markets Singapore on 1800 559 6000 for any matters arising from or in connection with the information.