G'day folks and welcome to another trading day with your friendly, neighbourhood CMC Market Analyst!
For real-time up-to-date data/news/research/ideas/strategies, check out our insights panel on the CMC Markets NextGen platform and follow us on Twitter:
Azeem Sheriff -
CMC Markets -
Trading Idea of the Day
NYSE:GM - General Motors - BULLISH BIAS
Consider taking entries, exits, stop losses and take profits from key levels
Cheaper imported raw materials lowers manufacturing costs.
- While General Motors manufacture their cars domestically, many of the electrical components and raw materials are sourced from foreign markets and imported to the States.
- A stronger U.S. dollar means these raw materials should be able to be sourced at a competitive price, improving margins at a time where the company may see a decline in vehicle exports owing to the exchange rate increasing costs for foreign markets.
ASX & Economic Key Events
OPTO For Investors Research
Article of the Day: Vodafone and Three’s mega merger
Podcast of the Day: Portfolio manager Caroline Cai’s take on an emerging markets’ debt crisis
APAC Daily Report
Market Snapshot & Highlights as of 7am AEST
Global Markets Headlines
- OPEC+ to cut oil production by 2 million barrels per day to shore up prices, defying U.S. pressure (CNBC)
- UK’s Liz Truss pledges tax-cutting future in landmark speech plagued by protest and infighting (CNBC)
- Elon Musk’s plans for Twitter may take inspiration from Chinese super apps (CNBC)
- Apple reportedly in talks to make AirPods and Beats headphones in India (CNBC)
(All news & data sourced from AFR / The Australian / Bloomberg / Reuters / CNBC / Wall Street Journal / Morningstar / OPTO / Trading Economics)
Disclaimer: CMC Markets Singapore may provide or make available research analysis or reports prepared or issued by entities within the CMC Markets group of companies, located and regulated under the laws in a foreign jurisdictions, in accordance with regulation 32C of the Financial Advisers Regulations. Where such information is issued or promulgated to a person who is not an accredited investor, expert investor or institutional investor, CMC Markets Singapore accepts legal responsibility for the contents of the analysis or report, to the extent required by law. Recipients of such information who are resident in Singapore may contact CMC Markets Singapore on 1800 559 6000 for any matters arising from or in connection with the information.