Depending on your circumstances and the region you are a resident of, we may request that the documentation you submit to us is certified. A certified copy is a copy of an original document that has been endorsed as a true copy of the original by an approved individual. Examples of approved individuals who can certify documents include:
- Notary public
- Commissioner of oaths
- Bank manager
- Ambassadorial staff
- Law enforcement official
The endorsement or stamp needs to appear on the page that shows the information required. We are not able to accept a certified document with the certification on a separate page.
The certification on all certified copies should include:
- The statement: “Certified to be a true copy of the original”
- The name and signature of the person who has certified the document
- The certifier’s job title
- The certifier’s telephone number
- The certifier’s company stamp, if applicable or their address
- The date of the certification
We are able to set up your account with scanned copies of your certified documents. However, you need to send us hardcopies of the certified documents within two weeks of opening your account in order to withdraw funds.
Translated documents must be annotated with the wording “True translation” and must be signed and dated by the translator.