CMC Markets UK plc trading as CMC CapX (“CMC”, "we", "us" and "our", as applicable) may at its sole discretion introduce its clients to potential investment opportunities in securities and other financial instruments issued by listed and unlisted issuers (“Offerings”). Only professional clients and eligible counterparties are eligible to participate in any Offering.
Any investment in an Offering is subject to CMC’s legal documents (as applicable) which can be found here. You are encouraged to read this Risk Warning, which is general in nature and should not be taken as an exhaustive list of the risk factors to which you may be exposed. You should consider any additional risk factors as disclosed by the relevant issuer undertaking the Offering.
- The Offerings may not be suitable for you. Before you decide to invest in any Offering, you should consider all factors in light of your individual circumstances. There are inherent risks associated with investing in Offerings, including but not limited to a loss of capital, lack of liquidity, dilution risk and risks relating to general economic conditions. If you have any doubt about the suitability of an investment opportunity, or you require financial advice, you should seek a personal recommendation from a suitably qualified professional.
- Loss of capital: As with all capital market investments, there are risks associated with investing in Offerings. The value of investments can go up as well as down and you may receive back less than your original investment. Securities can experience extreme price and volume fluctuations. There is no guarantee that you will receive any return on your investment and your capital is at risk.
- Lack of liquidity: A potential lack of liquidity in securities may affect your ability to sell securities/exit your positions. CMC does not guarantee liquidity in securities of any Offering. You may not be able to sell securities/exit your position immediately (or at all), or at a price equal or higher to the initial buy price. In particular, certain securities displayed on CMC’s website may be unlisted and highly illiquid. Accordingly, investments in Offerings may not be realisable in a timely manner or at all.
- Dilution risk: Issuers of Offerings may not generate any operating revenue and may require further financing in the future in addition to the amounts raised pursuant to the Offering. There is a risk that your holding in securities will be diluted as a result of future capital raisings conducted by the issuer. This may result in a reduction of your proportional holding in securities of an issuer.
- General economic conditions: A prolonged deterioration in general economic conditions (which may result from many factors, including an increase in interest rates or a decrease in consumer and business demand) could be expected to have an adverse impact on an issuer’s operating and financial performance and financial position and consequently the price of securities. In addition, investments in Offerings will be subject to broader risks of disruption to the financial system caused by economic downturns or large institutional failures.
- Early stage companies: The companies displayed on CMC’s website may be early-stage companies, which carry a high risk of failure. You should only make investments in such companies if you are able to bear the loss of the whole of your investment.
- CMC does not make any representation in relation to any Offering or the relevant issuer. The information on CMC’s website in relation to investment opportunities is obtained from the companies and although CMC considers these sources to be reliable, it makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information provided. You should read publicly available documents including historical financial information relating to the issuer before investing in any Offering. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- CMC’s services are provided on an execution-only basis. CMC does not make investment recommendations and no communication, through this website or in any other medium should be construed as a recommendation.