G'day folks and welcome to another trading day with your friendly, neighbourhood CMC Market Analyst!
For real-time up-to-date data/news/research/ideas/strategies, check out our insights panel on the CMC Markets NextGen platform and follow us on Twitter:
Azeem Sheriff -
CMC Markets -
Trading Idea of the Day
NYSE:META - Meta Platforms Inc - BULLISH BIAS
- Key levels on the chart - consider taking trades from key support/resistance zones.
US big tech have been smashed this year making 52 week lows.
Meta still has 4 mostly used social media applications and their advertising revenue is still very strong despite the stock price. There's been negative sentiment with its virtual reality Metaworld kick off but this is a long term plan from Mr Zuckerberg.
US big techs are significantly undervalued and present a decent opportunity for those investors looking to buy into these companies over the long term.
Talks of a global recession are dampening future cash flows in the valuation process for these big techs which is reducing the share price.
ASX & Economic Key Events
OPTO For Investors Research
Article of the Day: BlackRock, JPMorgan and Morgan Stanley earnings forecasted to dip
Podcast of the Day: Tidal Financial CIO Michael Venuto on the ETF industry
APAC Daily Report
Market Snapshot & Highlights as of 8am AEST
Global Markets Headlines
- Biden threatens ‘consequences’ for Saudi Arabia after OPEC cut, but his options are limited (CNBC)
- British pound choppy as Bank of England reiterates Friday bond-buying deadline (CNBC)
- U.S. wholesale prices rose 0.4% in September, more than expected as inflation persists (CNBC)
- America’s ‘once unthinkable’ chip export restrictions will hobble China’s semiconductor ambitions (CNBC)
- Further 20% fall in U.S. stocks ‘certainly possible,’ says IMF director (CNBC)
- BOE buys record 2.38 billion pounds of gilts at reverse auction (CNBC)
(All news & data sourced from AFR / The Australian / Bloomberg / Reuters / CNBC / Wall Street Journal / Morningstar / OPTO / Trading Economics)
Disclaimer: CMC Markets is an execution-only service provider. The material (whether or not it states any opinions) is for general information purposes only, and does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment or other advice on which reliance should be placed. No opinion given in the material constitutes a recommendation by CMC Markets or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although we are not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, we do not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination.