View the week's key company earnings schedule and important stories to watch.
View the week's key company earnings schedule and important stories to watch (25 April-1 May 2016)
US earnings season: social media stocks go head to head
Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook release Q1 results this week. The numbers will give valuable insights into which of the three big-name companies is winning the social media race.6 other stories to look out for this week
1. MON 25 APR Will Apple shine again? The tech giant has lost its allure in recent quarters, but Apple's shares have risen 20% from this year’s lows. Will sales of the new iPhone 6 SE impress?
2. TUE 26 APR Can BP Q1 results plug the hole? Can first-quarter earnings ease BP's woes following a 91% profit slump last quarter that sent shares to their lowest since the Deepwater Horizon oil spill?
3. WED 27 APR Barclays, Lloyds and RBS report Barclays kicks off earnings from the top UK banks this week. Wild markets have made it a tough first quarter for new Barlays CEO Jes Staley.
4. WED 27 APR Pharmaceuticals earnings Earnings from the healthcare sector this week include GlaxoSmithKline, Bayer, Sanofi, Shire, AstraZeneca as well as embattled Valeant Pharmaceuticals.
5. WED 27 APR Will Home Retail satisfy Sainsbury’s shareholders? Sainsbury’s shareholders will keep a close eye on Home Retail’s full-year earnings after the supermarket agreed to buy the owner of Argos for £1.4bn.
6. THU 28 APR Can Amazon make it rain? The US online retail giant has confirmed that its Q1 earnings will be released this Thursday, after they postponed the announcement last week.Selected company earnings (25-29 April) Monday 25 April Results Allied Minds (UK) Full-year Apple (US) Q2 Halliburton (US) Q1 Xerox (US) Q2 Tuesday 26 April Results 3M (US) Q1 AT&T (US) Q1 Bayer (DE) Q1 BP (UK) Q1 boohoo.com (UK) Full-year Cambian Group (UK) Full-year Capital One (US) Q1 eBay (US) Q1 Freeport-McMoRan (US) Q1 Hershey (US) Q1 Horizon Discovery (UK) Full-year Lockheed Martin (US) Q1 McGraw Hill (US) Q1 Procter & Gamble (US) Q3 Redefine International (UK) Half-year Twitter (US) Q1 Whitbread (UK) Full-year Wednesday 27 April Results Barclays (UK) Q1 Boeing (US) Q1 Facebook (US) Q1 Fenner (UK) Half-year GlaxoSmithKline (UK) Q1 Hilton Worldwide (US) Q1 Home Retail Group (UK) Full-year Lear Corp (US) Q1 Marriot International (US) Q1 Nasdaq (US) Q1 PayPal (US) Q1 Rockwell Automation (US) Q2 Texas Instruments (US) Q1 United Technologies (US) Q1 Thursday 28 April Results Acadia Healthcare (US) Q1 Amazon.com (US) Q1 CME Group (US) Q1 Coca-Cola Enterprises (US) Q1 Colgate-Palmolive (US) Q1 Domino's Pizza (US) Q1 Dunkin' Brands Group (US) Q1 Expedia (US) Q1 Ford Motor (US) Q1 Groupon (US) Q1 Invesco (US) Q1 Juniper Networks (US) Q1 LinkedIn (US) Q1 Lloyds Banking (UK) Q1 MasterCard (US) Q1 National Instruments (US) Q1 Oxford Biomedica (UK) Full-year Petropavlovsk (UK) Full-year Time Warner Cable (US) Q1 U and I Group (UK) Full-year United Parcel Service (US) Q1 Viacom (US) Q2 Western Digital (US) Q3 Friday 29 April Results AstraZeneca (UK) Q1 Cabot Oil & Gas (US) Q1 Chevron (US) Q1 Exxon Mobil (US) Q1 Host Hotels & Resorts (US) Q1 International Consolidated Airlines (UK) Q1 Legg Mason (US) Q4 Moody's (US) Q1 Royal Bank of Scotland (UK) Q1 Sanofi (FR) Q1 Seagate Technology (US) Q3 Shire (UK) Q1 Valeant Pharmaceuticals (US) Q1
Company announcements are subject to change. All the events listed above were correct at the time of writing.
CMC Markets is an execution-only service provider. The material (whether or not it states any opinions) is for general information purposes only, and does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment or other advice on which reliance should be placed. No opinion given in the material constitutes a recommendation by CMC Markets or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person.