G'day folks and welcome to another trading day with your friendly, neighbourhood CMC Market Analyst!
For real-time up-to-date data/news/research/ideas/strategies, check out our insights panel on the CMC Markets Invest platform and follow us on Twitter:
Azeem Sheriff -
Tina Teng -
CMC Markets ANZ -
CMC Markets Singapore -
CMC Markets Canada -
Trading Idea of the Day
NASDAQ:INTL - Intel Corporation (BULLISH - long term)
- Key levels on the chart - consider taking trades from key support/resistance zones.
- CHIPS act – roughly $280B boost for new funding in domestic research and manufacturing of semiconductors in USA.
- Direct competition with TSMC in Taiwan.
- Ongoing China/US tensions, it will be difficult for China to invade Taiwan as they will need their support against USA.
- Could we see a paradigm shift back to the US with more investments coming from local companies?
- Dividend yields approximately 5% p/a.
ASX & Economic Key Events
OPTO For Investors Research
Article of the Day: Falling dollar boosts US Global Go Gold and Precious Metal Miners ETF
Podcast of the Day: Michael Loukas of TrueMark on why diversification isn’t always key
APAC Daily Report
Market Snapshot & Highlights as of 8:00am AEDT
Global Markets Headlines
- ‘Losing is not an option’: Putin is ‘desperate’ to avoid defeat in Ukraine as anxiety rises in Moscow (CNBC)
- Goldman Sachs sees ‘high probability’ of OPEC cut — and expects oil prices to hit $110 next year (CNBC)
- China touts vaccination progress as it seeks reopening path; encourages booster shots for seniors (CNBC)
- iPhone maker Foxconn entices angry workers in China to return as Apple faces supply crunch (CNBC)
- Chinese Tesla rival Nio and giant Tencent partner to work on self-driving tech (CNBC)
HSBC eyes bumper dividend from $10 billion sale of Canada business to RBC (CNBC)
(All news & data sourced from AFR / The Australian / Bloomberg / Reuters / CNBC / Wall Street Journal / Morningstar / OPTO / Trading Economics)
Disclaimer: CMC Markets Singapore may provide or make available research analysis or reports prepared or issued by entities within the CMC Markets group of companies, located and regulated under the laws in a foreign jurisdictions, in accordance with regulation 32C of the Financial Advisers Regulations. Where such information is issued or promulgated to a person who is not an accredited investor, expert investor or institutional investor, CMC Markets Singapore accepts legal responsibility for the contents of the analysis or report, to the extent required by law. Recipients of such information who are resident in Singapore may contact CMC Markets Singapore on 1800 559 6000 for any matters arising from or in connection with the information.