G'day folks and welcome to another trading day with your friendly, neighbourhood CMC Market Analyst!
For real-time up-to-date data/news/research/ideas/strategies, check out our insights panel on the CMC Markets Invest platform and follow us on Twitter:
Azeem Sheriff -
Tina Teng -
CMC Markets ANZ -
CMC Markets Singapore -
CMC Markets Canada -
Trading Idea of the Day
ASX:EVN- Evolution Mining Ltd
- Key levels on the chart - consider taking trades from key support/resistance zones.
- UBS updates its near-term gold price forecast with a more bullish view
- The Fed is forecast to cut interest rates from 5.0% to 3.25% from mid-2023
- Key gold picks include Northern Star, SSR Mining, Gold Road Resources, De Grey & Evolution Mining.
- "Investors have had mixed feelings towards gold in 2022, in part due to the crosscurrents of rising real rates and a strong dollar (bearish gold) versus high inflation and elevated macro uncertainty (bullish gold)," UBS analysts said in a note last Friday.
ASX & Economic Key Events
OPTO For Investors Research
Article of the Day: Will Warren Buffett’s stake in TSMC send its share price soaring?
Podcast of the Day: BlackRock’s Carolyn Weinberg on the democratising power of ETFs
APAC Daily Report
Market Snapshot & Highlights as of 8:00am AEDT
Global Markets Headlines
- Binance deploys $1 billion to keep crypto industry afloat after FTX crash (CNBC)
- Mainland China’s total daily Covid cases soar above Shanghai lockdown highs (CNBC)
- Turkey cuts rates by 150 basis points and ends easing cycle (CNBC)
- Anwar Ibrahim sworn in as tenth Malaysian prime minister (CNBC)
- Fed officials see smaller rate hikes coming ‘soon,’ minutes show (CNBC)
- Bank of England official favors more rate hikes, but sees potential for cuts (CNBC)
- Apple and Elon Musk’s Twitter are on a collision course (CNBC)
(All news & data sourced from AFR / The Australian / Bloomberg / Reuters / CNBC / Wall Street Journal / Morningstar / OPTO / Trading Economics)
Disclaimer: CMC Markets Singapore may provide or make available research analysis or reports prepared or issued by entities within the CMC Markets group of companies, located and regulated under the laws in a foreign jurisdictions, in accordance with regulation 32C of the Financial Advisers Regulations. Where such information is issued or promulgated to a person who is not an accredited investor, expert investor or institutional investor, CMC Markets Singapore accepts legal responsibility for the contents of the analysis or report, to the extent required by law. Recipients of such information who are resident in Singapore may contact CMC Markets Singapore on 1800 559 6000 for any matters arising from or in connection with the information.