G'day folks and welcome to another trading day with your friendly, neighbourhood CMC Market Analyst!
For real-time up-to-date data/news/research/ideas/strategies, check out our insights panel on the CMC Markets Invest platform and follow us on Twitter:
Azeem Sheriff -
Tina Teng -
CMC Markets ANZ -
CMC Markets Singapore -
CMC Markets Canada -
Trading Idea of the Day
ASX:ELD - Elders Ltd - BULLISH BIAS
- Key levels on the chart - consider taking trades from key support/resistance zones.
- Elders announced at 39% jump in annual underlying earnings to $232.1m.
- Longstanding CEO announces his exit.
- Due to extreme rainfall events across the eastern states it’s unclear whether full harvest potential for both summer and winter crops can be reached.
- Full-year FY22 highlights also included: Net profit up 9% to $162.9m, Dividends up 33.3% year-on-year, Real Estate Services gross margin was $61.6m, up 21% on FY21, Net debt stood at $284.9m, up $68m on the prior year.
- Longstanding CEO Mark Allison to step down on or before Nov 23, completing 10yrs of leadership.
ASX & Economic Key Events
OPTO For Investors Research
Article of the Day: Medical cannabis fuels growth in Canopy, Cronos and Curaleaf
Podcast of the Day: Investment educator Brian Feroldi’s three principles for long-term investing
APAC Daily Report
Market Snapshot & Highlights as of 8:00am AEDT
Global Markets Headlines
- Biden objects to China’s ‘aggressive’ approach to Taiwan in three-hour meeting with Xi (CNBC)
- Amazon reportedly plans to lay off about 10,000 employees starting this week (CNBC)
- Fed Vice Chair Brainard says it may ‘soon’ be appropriate to move to slower pace of rate hikes (CNBC)
- Former FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried and allies lose gatekeepers to Washington as company collapses (CNBC)
- Crypto.com CEO downplays FTX contagion fears, says he’ll prove naysayers wrong as withdrawals rise (CNBC)
- Binance is seeing a slight increase in withdrawals but otherwise it’s ‘business as usual,’ CEO says (CNBC)
- Sam Bankman-Fried’s Alameda quietly used FTX customer funds for trading, say sources (CNBC)
The metaverse could pump $1.4 trillion a year into Asia’s GDP, Deloitte says (CNBC)
(All news & data sourced from AFR / The Australian / Bloomberg / Reuters / CNBC / Wall Street Journal / Morningstar / OPTO / Trading Economics)
Disclaimer: CMC Markets Singapore may provide or make available research analysis or reports prepared or issued by entities within the CMC Markets group of companies, located and regulated under the laws in a foreign jurisdictions, in accordance with regulation 32C of the Financial Advisers Regulations. Where such information is issued or promulgated to a person who is not an accredited investor, expert investor or institutional investor, CMC Markets Singapore accepts legal responsibility for the contents of the analysis or report, to the extent required by law. Recipients of such information who are resident in Singapore may contact CMC Markets Singapore on 1800 559 6000 for any matters arising from or in connection with the information.