G'day folks and welcome to another trading day with your friendly, neighbourhood CMC Market Analyst!
For real-time up-to-date data/news/research/ideas/strategies, check out our insights panel on the CMC Markets NextGen platform and follow us on Twitter:
Azeem Sheriff -
CMC Markets -
Trading Idea of the Day
NYSE:BBY Best Buy - BULLISH BIAS
- A declining Yen makes Japanese electronic goods more appealing.
- Electronic goods retails in the US eg) Best Buy, can import a higher volume of these electronics as USD strengthens and Yen declines, providing them more purchasing power,
- Profit margins on these goods may see an uplift and should help to offset some of the impacts caused by tougher economic conditions.
- Although two key risk factors involve over-purchasing and keeping excess inventory in storage and also the potential reduction in consumer demand.
ASX & Economic Key Events
OPTO For Investors Research
Article of the Day: Cineworld lags meme stocks Bed Bath & Beyond and BlackBerry
Podcast of the Day: OPTO Sessions Inside Callum Thomas’ Topdown Charts analysis process
APAC Daily Report
Market Snapshot & Highlights as of 7am AEST
Global Markets Headlines
- Nord Stream pipelines hit by suspicious leaks in possible sabotage; Russia says it has ‘a right’ to use nuclear weapons (CNBC)
- Fed’s Evans says he’s getting a little nervous about going too far, too fast with rate hikes (CNBC)
- UK lenders halt mortgage deals to customers after market chaos (CNBC)
- Celsius CEO resigns in the middle of bankruptcy proceedings (CNBC)
- Crypto lender Nexo gets U.S. bank charter after buying stake in regulated bank (CNBC)
- Larry Summers blasts UK tax cuts as ‘utterly irresponsible’ and warns of possible contagion (CNBC)
- Bankrupt crypto lender Voyager to sell assets to Sam Bankman-Fried’s FTX for $1.4 billion (CNBC)
(All news & data sourced from AFR / The Australian / Bloomberg / Reuters / CNBC / Wall Street Journal / Morningstar / OPTO / Trading Economics)
Disclaimer: CMC Markets Singapore may provide or make available research analysis or reports prepared or issued by entities within the CMC Markets group of companies, located and regulated under the laws in a foreign jurisdictions, in accordance with regulation 32C of the Financial Advisers Regulations. Where such information is issued or promulgated to a person who is not an accredited investor, expert investor or institutional investor, CMC Markets Singapore accepts legal responsibility for the contents of the analysis or report, to the extent required by law. Recipients of such information who are resident in Singapore may contact CMC Markets Singapore on 1800 559 6000 for any matters arising from or in connection with the information.