G'day folks and welcome to another trading day with your friendly, neighbourhood CMC Market Analyst!
For real-time up-to-date data/news/research/ideas/strategies, check out our insights panel on the CMC Markets NextGen platform and follow us on Twitter:
Azeem Sheriff -
CMC Markets -
Trading Idea of the Day
NYSE:TSLA - Tesla Inc - BULLISH BIAS (long term)
- Key levels on the chart - consider taking trades from key support/resistance zones.
- After Tesla's stock split, the down-trending stock has continued to decline since peaking at the start of 2022.
- A high-interest rate environment and an upcoming economic recession has been hampering the company's future cash flows which affects its present value, therefore affecting its stock price.
- Being one of the most traded stocks, this presents opportunities for both short-term traders and long-term investors and opportunity to potentially short the stock in the near term, but look for potential buying opportunities in the long term, depending on your view.
This week, we also have Tesla's earnings Q3 report due which will highlight how the company fared in Q3 and what their forward guidance will be for Q4 and beyond, presenting any challenges and how the Tesla boss aims to navigate through this uncertain environment.
On a positive note, Tesla's sales in China have continued to increase significantly, despite China's current uncertain economic situation, hitting record levels in Shanghai after its factory upgrade (Reuters)
Given we're near a key support level on the daily chart, there's a possibility we may see some short covering to push the price back higher before continuing to sell back down. If earnings and more importantly forward guidance is poor, we could see a break of this key support zone around $200, where price can retest that decending trendline.
ASX & Economic Key Events
OPTO For Investors Research
Article of the Day: Apple and Spotify shares mixed after TikTok’s music expansion
Podcast of the Day: Discipline Funds CIO Cullen Roche on finding opportunities in a bear market
APAC Daily Report
Market Snapshot & Highlights as of 8am AEST
Global Markets Headlines
- Xi warns against foreign interference in Taiwan, says China will ‘never promise to renounce’ force (CNBC)
- China’s Xi downplays need for rapid growth, proclaims Covid achievements (CNBC)
- British government performs major U-turn on tax cuts including change of chancellor. But markets are far from convinced (CNBC)
- Meta documents show main metaverse is losing users and falling short of goals, report says (CNBC)
- Sony and Honda plan to start U.S. deliveries of their electric vehicle in 2026 (CNBC)
(All news & data sourced from AFR / The Australian / Bloomberg / Reuters / CNBC / Wall Street Journal / Morningstar / OPTO / Trading Economics)
Disclaimer: CMC Markets Singapore may provide or make available research analysis or reports prepared or issued by entities within the CMC Markets group of companies, located and regulated under the laws in a foreign jurisdictions, in accordance with regulation 32C of the Financial Advisers Regulations. Where such information is issued or promulgated to a person who is not an accredited investor, expert investor or institutional investor, CMC Markets Singapore accepts legal responsibility for the contents of the analysis or report, to the extent required by law. Recipients of such information who are resident in Singapore may contact CMC Markets Singapore on 1800 559 6000 for any matters arising from or in connection with the information.