Check out our daily ASX pre-market and AU macro outlook below!
- APAC Daily Report
- Market Snapshot & Highlights
- Global Markets Headlines
- ASX Economic Calendar
- Trading Idea of the Day
- Economic Calendars
APAC Daily Report
Click here to access our CMC APAC Morning Report, prepared by my fellow market analyst @TinaTeng_CMC
Market Snapshot & Highlights (as of 7 am AEST)
EXPECTATIONS: Energy down & Materials potentially up
Click on the hyperlink for further information on the headlines, check out our insights panel on the CMC Markets NextGen platform or you can follow us on Twitter @Azeem__Sheriff & @CMCMarketsAUSNZ for up-to-date market news.
(All news & data sourced from AFR / The Australian / Bloomberg / Reuters / CNBC / Wall Street Journal / Morningstar / OPTO/Trading Economics)
Global Markets Headlines
- GameStop reports wider loss, announces partnership with crypto exchange FTX (CNBC)
- Saudi Arabia and Gulf neighbours threaten Netflix over content that ‘violates Islamic values’ (CNBC)
- World’s second-largest movie chain operator Cineworld files for U.S. bankruptcy (CNBC)
- European Central Bank could unleash a jumbo rate hike as the economy slides toward recession (CNBC)
- Deutsche Bank CEO warns recession is inevitable, says Germany must cut reliance on China (CNBC)
- Ubisoft plunges 17% after Chinese giant Tencent ups stake (CNBC)
- British pound falls to its lowest level against the dollar since 1985 (CNBC)
- Asia-Pacific markets fall ahead of Fed’s Beige Book; China’s trade data misses expectations (CNBC)
- Apple’s iPhone 14 Lineup Headlines Wednesday Product Event (WSJ)
- Fed on Path for Another 0.75-Point Interest-Rate Lift After Powell’s Inflation Pledge (WSJ)
- Shell and BP shares outpace TotalEnergies as gas prices surge (OPTO)
ASX Economic Calendar
Trading Idea of the Day
(DXY – Dollar Index)
- Potential BUY
- Key levels on the chart - consider taking trades from key support/resistance levels
- Strong interest rate differentials supporting the USD steam train, expecting to get stronger with more aggressive rate hikes.
Disclaimer: CMC Markets is an execution-only service provider. The material (whether or not it states any opinions) is for general information purposes only, and does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment or other advice on which reliance should be placed. No opinion given in the material constitutes a recommendation by CMC Markets or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although we are not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, we do not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination.